Friday, December 4, 2009

[OOC] EVE Words "Plugin"

Today I wrote a little javascript that allows the use of what I'm calling "eve words", think kind of like wiki words, and replaces them with links to the appropriate site. For instance, if in my blog post I wrote "[\[Kestrel]]" it would get turned into this link "[[Kestrel]]" which directs you to the proper page on eve.wikia.com! I chose double square brackets for a few reasons, one, they are easy to type, no shift needed, two, you aren't likely to ever have double brackets normally in your text so things won't be accidentally replaced by the script, three, if a user has javascript disabled they don't look bad as just text.

I plan on adding a few more things to it, such as being able to specify a character link to battleclinic, such as "[\[Lord Troutinator]]", but that's a bit down the road. If I get enough interest (read comments on this post) I'll be sure to share the code with the eve-blogger community.

No comments:

Post a Comment