Thursday, October 15, 2009

Low Sec: You Cost Me A Cormorant

I've been busy in the world of New Eden, flying around, killing rats, mining roids, just generally having a good time and making some ISK. I found that ratting was actually enjoyable, it seems like a public service to warp from belt to belt taking out those pesky [[Guristas]] and then salvage their remains. The problem was two-fold, one, they weren't worth much in the way of bounties where I was, and two, they were a little to easy. So, in hearing that the lower the security status a system has, the more dangerous the rats (and hence higher bounties) I plotted a course to a nearby lowsec system. All went well, I killed a few rats and had a great time.

A couple of days go by and I decide to head back out to lowsec since it was entertaining the last time, this time however would prove to be different. I picked [[sys:Ishomilken]] which is a nearby .4 system, and set off in my trusty [[Cormorant]]. My fitting skills left something to be desired as I had an odd mixture of railgun sizes, 2x 150mm,  2x 125mm, and 2x 75mm, all firing basic [[antimatter charge s]] with a couple of salvagers to clean up the rats remains. While not a stellar fit it worked great for what I was doing, picking off relatively harmless rats.

While in a belt looking for targets I noticed someone warp in . . . . and they were flashy-red. No wardec's were on at the moment so it meant one thing . . . a pirate. Not some pathetic Gurista, but another capsuleer set on my destruction. I quickly aligned to a celestial and warped off, thinking myself safe I paused for a second to let my heart slow down. Again my ship warned me of an incoming vessel, he had manged to follow me. I warped off again, barely making it away, he was faster this time and I was flustered, he managed to land just behind me at the next celestial and engaged. Sirens were blaring as I was alerted that I had been warp scrambled and webbed. I tried to run, I didn't even return fire, but hopped I could get away. I was to flustered to even notice the pilots name or the ship type. Alas, my ship was shredded under a barrage of missile fire. I warped my capsule out as fast as I could, pounding on the warp button. I then headed back to high-sec jump gate, again pounding the jump button until I was safely back under the watchful eye of CONCORD.

A lovely [[km:8263577]] was generated which allowed me to actual find out who had attacked me. Well, first off he had been flying a [[Caracal]]. I had never heard of such a ship nor even took a second glance at it. It wouldn't be till far later that I would eventually fly my vary own Caracal. Who was it you ask? Why none other than [[player-kb:Octavious Maxamus]], who earned the privilege of being the 2nd person to earn a personal -10 standing and who I someday hope to POD.

No comments:

Post a Comment