Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thanks For the Kestrel

My skills have been improving, but it seems so slow. The life of capsuleer is just to exciting and I can't wait to fly bigger and better ships. However, I've been heeding the advice of wiser capsuleers who say learn to learn first. Studying learning skills is even more mind numbing that working to complete a course on Science or Electronics. So, I sprinkle in some more interesting studies in with my learning skills. 


Being a proud Caldari I've been studying to become proficient in rockets and missiles. As my skills progressed I decided I wanted to fly a missile boat, the Caldari Kestrel. Now the Kestrel would be the first ship I bought, so far all my other ships were provided by the training agents. However, I didn't actually have to fork over my hard earned ISK! A friendly Capsuleer had a spare kestrel fitted that he had long out grown and was willing to give it to me. So we warped out to safe spot and he ejected into space I signaled my POD to connect up the ship.


Once on board I had the computer run a full systems check to see what the ship was equipped with:


[Kestrel, MissileBoat]
Reactor Control Unit I
Reactor Control Unit I

Civilian Shield Booster I
Small Shield Extender I
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters

'Malkuth' Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
'Malkuth' Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
'Malkuth' Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
'Malkuth' Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile

Small Ancillary Current Router I
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]





"Not to shabby," I thought to myself. Only problem was I didn't quite have the skills up to run the Reactor Control Units. Which meant I couldn't run all the launchers to begin with. I quickly plotted a course and warped back to the STI station and grabbed the book for Energy Grid Upgrades and started studying, I had to complete level 2 of the course before I could figure out how to bring those reactor control units online and keep them running. Still, it was a beautiful ship. 


After a couple hours of studying Energy Grid Upgrades I took a break and pulled up the IFF interface and began the process of changing my identification signal. Her new name is "Talon of Vengeance."


No comments:

Post a Comment